8.30.2009

Dark Night of the Soul by Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse ad David Lynch


Last week my friend Steve told me about an album/book collaboration from the unlikely trio of Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse and David Lynch. While that sounded unbelievably cool and strange in my pregnancy fog I completely forgot about it. Luckily this morning on my daily troll through my Bloglines page I came across the NPR post on the project. It's called "Dark Night of the Soul".

While I realize this is not an interview in the strictest sense...or in any sense at all, I felt it was appropriate to post as in their highest form good interviews are truly a healthy collaboration, as this is.

Click on the NPR link below immediately! While unfortunately the official website says the book is sold-out, you can listen to the whole album at NPR. The performers on the album besides Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse include: James Mercer of The Shins, The Flaming Lips, Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals, Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Julian Casablancas of The Strokes, Frank Black of the Pixies, Iggy Pop, Nina Persson of The Cardigans, Suzanne Vega, Vic Chesnutt, David Lynch, and Scott Spillane of Neutral Milk Hotel and The Gerbils.





Here is the link to the NPR page:

Here is the link to the official page for Dark Night of The Soul:

No comments:

Post a Comment