2.06.2009

Woody Allen's honest life of crime

Woody Allen may have no desire to be a good man, but he is a funny man, and I find if you are funny most people will forgive you just about anything.  

Here is a clip from a 1970 interview he did where he jokes about early aspiration toward a life of crime. It's a very short clip, but you really should watch it. I guess he really wasn't kidding about keeping it in the family. I guess he's never really joking, which is hilarious and very very frightening! 

Here is another interview that Woody actually conducted with the Reverend Billy Graham, also in the 1970's I believe. If that's not a brilliant pairing I don't know what is. A nihilist/atheist and an evangelical minister. It goes without saying they are great together.

I also found a book of interviews with Woody Allen that came out in 2007 and included it in the book store. The interviews and conversations were conducted over a 36 year span with Allen's biographer Eric Lax, and are all centered around his thoughts on filmmaking. It might not be for everyone, but for all his sins and short comings Woody Allen is a fantastic filmmaker in my opinion, and I'm sure these conversations are fascinating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment