1.14.2009

Vivienne Westwood's 10 Questions


TIME magazine just posted their interview with the fashion designer Vivienne Westwood.  To see it click here.

I'm going to keep posting these weekly 10 QUESTIONS articles, because I think they are an easy way to get into the mindset of cool people, but as they are a little light on content I will also attach other interviews with the subject. 

Here are two articles from The Gaurdian where Vivienne talks about her views on fashion and art. While I really don't agree with a lot of her statements on modern art and think she is more than a little hypocritical when it comes to her views on consumerism, she is a strong and opinionated woman and I am always drawn to that. I would rather someone have something interesting to say and a strong perspective than care what other people think and maintain the status quo. And there are already too many fashion designers out there who can only talk about fashion!

Here is the first interview from May 12th, 2007. It's great because her wacky manifesto AGAINST propaganda is attached. As the interviewers say, she's basically calling for people to watch less TV, read more and be more cultured. Um, yeah, that would be nice, but can't I have my Proust and watch Desperate Housewives too??

And here is the one from this year.  This one is great and a little less pedantic than the first. Even though she seems a bit pompous, she must be a really fun person to argue with...as most pompous people are. Haha!

* Photo Credit: Nancy Coste/Corbis

No comments:

Post a Comment