1.13.2009

The Obamas 1996

* Photo by Mariana Cook, 1996

As anyone who is reading this blog at this point already knows, I recently got married. I think it's a very human thing to do when you're in a relationship, but I always find myself studying other couples. Trying to see what keeps them together, to see what kind of spark they have. 

I don't think I'm alone when I say that I am fascinated and completely inspired by the Obamas. I can't remember the last time, in my lifetime, that a family has embodied the best of American values and invited all of us to see how they keep their family healthy and connected. 

Jason Kottke at the Kottke.org blog posted a link to this amazing interview excerpt with the Obama's that The New Yorker was featuring. I will try and track down the full interview, but it may not be online. 

Even though it's short, this excerpt is so touching and shows how strong their partnership and marriage is. I really look forward to featuring more interviews with them in the future. I'm sure there are bound to be a lot of good ones coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment