6.01.2009

Larry King on how to get what you want out of an interview and why he only wears button suspenders.

Here's an interview with Larry King from CNN/TIME. It's not often that he's in the guest chair, so I thought it was worth posting. 

I think what he says about the interview needing to be 90% guest and 10% interviewer is very important. While Larry King is already a TV icon, I think it's respectable that he knows who people are really tuning in to watch. 

As he says: "I never learn a thing while I was talking."

I wonder what the world of TV interviews will be like when people like Larry King, with old fashioned manners, are no longer around? 

* I've included Larry's memoir "My Remarkable Journey" in the bookstore if you're interested in reading more about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment